At Hotel Nikko Saigon (collectively “hotel”, “we”, “us” or “our”) we value you as our Guest and recognize privacy is important to you, therefore this statement developed. This privacy statement (policy) describes the privacy practices and applies to Hotel Nikko Saigon, its subsidiaries and all of hotels within the group.
By using any of our products, services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this privacy statement, you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and use personal information as described in this statement.
a. Personal data:
At every touch point through your stay and interactions, we may collect personal information, such as:
- Your name, gender, postal address, phone number, email address, card or other payment data, financial information, language preference.
- Date of birth, place of birth, nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued identification
- Special dates such as birthdays, anniversary and special occasion
- Membership or loyalty program data, including co-branded, travel partner…
- Employer information
- Travel itinerary, tour group or activity data
- Prior stays or interactions, goods and services purchased, special service and amenity requests
- Geolocation information
- Social media account ID, profile photo and other publicly data available, or linked accounts.
In some limited circumstances, we may collect images and videos data via security cameras in public areas in our properties or from our surveillance personnel for loss prevention. We may also collect data about family members and companions, such as names and ages of children for applicable laws requirement only. We never knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age unless required by applicable laws. As a parent or legal guardian, we request you do not allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
If you submit any personal data about other people to us, you represent that you have the authority to do so and you permit us to use the data in accordance with this privacy statement.
b. Sensitive data:
The sensitive data such as information related to your social security number, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, beliefs, sex life, health and biometric information, genetic information, criminal background. We do not generally collect sensitive data information from you and we ask that you not send us or disclose through our Services to us unless it is volunteered by you or unless we are required to do so by applicable laws or regulations. We may use health data provided by you to serve you better and meet your particular needs (for example, disability access).
c. Other data:
Refer to the information that generally do not reveal your specific identity or direct-relate to an individual, such as: browser and device data, app usage, data through cookies and other technology. If other data reveal your identity or relate to an individual, we will treat as personal data.
a. Online services
b. Offline interaction & property visit
We collect personal data when you visit our property, use our property services and outlets, such as restaurants, concierge services, health club & spa services. We also collect when you attend promotion event that we host or we participated.
c. Customer care & booking center
We collect personal data when you make a reservation over the phone, communicate, connect with us through email, fax. The communications may be recorded for purposes of quality assurance and training.
d. Owners & franchises
We collect personal data from Owners & franchises that we managed and/or independent owned with us.
e. Strategic business partners
We collect personal data from independent companies such as OTA (Online Travel Agent), Travel Agency and Tour Operator with whom we partner to provide you with goods and services.
f. Other sources
We collect personal data from other sources, such as public database, other third parties that does not address in this privacy statement.
We use your personal data and other data in variety ways, including to provide and personalize the Services you request, to offer you services, and where required by applicable laws and regulations.
In some circumstances, obligation personal data is required in order to provide you services. Failure to provide this information may prevent us to process your requested services.
More detail as below:
- We use your personal data and other date to provide the services you request including reservations, payments, administrative information, meeting and event planning.
- We use your email address to send you hotel e-invoice bill. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct and preferred email address for you. If you make a reservation for another people using your email address, that person’s e-invoice will be sent to your email address as well. You can select to receive a paper copy of e-invoice URL by contact our front desk.
- We use your personal data and other data with your consent to personalize the tailored services according to your preferences.
- We use your personal data and other data with your consent to send you marketing communications, messages, promotion offers, customer satisfaction, research or quality assurance surveys.
- We use your personal data and other data with your consent to offer and manage your Loyalty, membership programs, send you offers, promotions and information about your account status, benefits, rewards or points.
- We use your personal data and other data with your consent for data analysis, audits, security and fraud check and prevention, developing our new goods and services, improving our services, performance and operating our business activities.
In order to provide you the highest level of hospitality & services, we may share your data with the following:
- Okura Nikko Hotels Management, Owners and Franchises to provide and personalize the Services, Loyalty, membership programs
- Strategic business partners, Service Providers to provide and personalize the Services, such as travel-related, airline, rental car, website hosting, email marketing, payment processing, e-invoice and other services.
- Corporate Re-organization, merge, transfer, sale, joint venture, or other disposition of all or any portion of the Okura Nikko Hotels Management business, assets or stock (including any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may use and disclose your data as we believe to be necessary as below, except where we are not allowed to under applicable laws:
- To comply with applicable laws or regulations, including laws or regulations outside your country of residence
- To comply with legal process
- To respond to requests, to meet national security or law enforcement requirements from government authorities including authorities outside your country of residence
- To enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our property and operations, to protect you and others
a. Access, Change or Suppress your data
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal data that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive a soft copy of your personal data for some purposes, you can contact us at our email [email protected] or by postal mail:
Hotel Nikko Saigon
235 Nguyen Van Cu street, District 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
In your request, please indicate specifically the personal information you would like to have changed or suppressed from our database, or any other limitations you would like to put on our use of your data.
For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us the requests, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. We will try to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably practicable, within 72 working hours unless additional time is needed, in which case we will let you know.
We may need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions or to comply with legal or accounting obligations. There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security or other reasons.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We use the following criteria to determine the applicable retention period, including: while we have an active relationship with you; as necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations; as necessary to fulfill a legal or accounting obligations to which we subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); when retention is advisable based on our legal position (such as for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Our Sites and Apps may contain links to other websites, including websites that collect data or allow others to send you such links. A link to a third-party website does not mean that we endorse it or that we are affiliated with it.
We do not exercise control over third-party websites and we are not responsible for the collection, use, disclose of privacy, data, practices of any entities outside the Okura Nikko Hotels Management including Owners, franchises, strategic partners or other entities this statement does not address.
We encourage you to be aware when access such third-party websites, contents and providing any information at your own risk.
We try our best to use reasonable technical, services and administrative guards to protect the confidentiality and security of your data transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over Internet network or other network or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, you do so at your own risk.
If you have reason to be believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact us” section.
We reserve the rights to change this privacy statement in necessary to reflect changes in our practices or to comply with changes in the law.
Any changes will become effective when we post online. Your uses of the services following these changes means that you accept the revised privacy statement.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaint about this privacy statement, please contact us at our email [email protected] or by postal mail:
Hotel Nikko Saigon
235 Nguyen Van Cu street, District 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Updated June 22, 2023